Horseman’s Association Meeting 2/13/14

Hello everyone,

We had a very productive meeting today and have a game plan going forward.

We are going to attend Horsefest in Springfield on March 21st (Friday).  We will be going as a group so we’ll be able to take a university vehicle.  The cost of admission is $10 but there is an online coupon for $3 off of the ticket price.  You would just need your admission and a few bucks for lunch. (And any shopping at the vendor booths if you like!)

The featured clinician this year is Guy McLean from Australia.  There are lots of other demos and many vendors.  It is at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds E-plex in Springfield. Here is a link if you want to check it out for yourself:  http://horsefest.net 

We will be doing a booth at the Missouri Education for Tomorrow Conference in Gohn Hall on March 5th.  I need pictures (electronic or paper) to make a display. We will be promoting the Horseman’s Association here on campus.

We would like to have a trail ride sometime this summer.  I mentioned the Flying R ranch and Cross Country Trail Rides.  I think both of these will be in the vendor area at Horsefest so we can visit with them and get prices and more details.  Our target date for this event is Saturday, July 19th.  I’m hoping this will give everyone plenty of time to save the date.  This will also be open to your family (children/spouses) and friends.

I am having everyone out to my farm for a barbecue/pool party this summer.  My target date for this is  Saturday, June 14th.  The pool will be open and available if anyone wants to use it. (Right now it is a big block of ice!)     We’ll just have burgers, chips etc.  — nothing fancy.  Families/friends are also welcome to this event.

I applied to the Parelli Education Institute for a grant of educational materials and I was awarded the grant.  So I have a whole bunch of Parelli videos and the entire Level 1 program.  These materials are available to you to check out whenever you’d like.  I will keep them in my office in Cass hall.  Just stop by anytime and browse through them.

We might like to attend and/or participate in some of the local horse shows.  We can discuss this in more detail at a later meeting.

We also might like to get club T-shirts.  Be thinking of a design (if anyone is artistic) and we will talk about that at an upcoming meeting.

We plan to meet twice a month.  The next meeting will be Feb. 27th at 10:00.  I will email you with a location later.

Thanks to everyone who attended and for those who couldn’t this will bring you up to date.

As always, feel free to email or call me if you need anything or have questions.

Thanks,

Jill